Boccia Inc. ® has been providing basement waterproofing and masonry restoration services since 1955. With thousands of projects completed, the experts at Boccia have accumulated a wealth of knowledge and experience that has been relied upon to waterproof basements, of homes and buildings across Nassau, Suffolk and Queens.
Foundation Crack Repair in Nassau, Suffolk and Queens
Professionals usually fabricate basement foundation walls from concrete. Most experts agree that concrete cracking is unavoidable and happens for many reasons, especially in our Long Island climate. Normally, people do not consider a foundation wall crack to be a defect. In fact, in most cases, it’s no more than a blemish. Actually, the most common problem associated with foundation wall cracks is water penetration. These cracks create openings into the basement that water can pass through. That’s why foundation crack repair is so essential for keeping water out of your basement.
In addition to exterior foundation waterproofing and sub-floor drainage systems (French drains), Boccia Inc. offers foundation crack repair services that will prevent water from passing through a wall crack. We design these systems to close the void that the crack has created, so that it’s impervious to water penetration.
Facts About Baldwin, NY
Baldwin is a hamlet and census-designated place (CDP) located in the town of Hempstead in Nassau County, New York, United States. The population was 24,033 at the 2010 census.
Baldwin LIRR station, originally built in 1868, is on the Babylon Branch of the Long Island Rail Road.
Original inhabitants of the area between Parsonage Creek near Oceanside and Milburn Creek near Freeport were Native Americans known as the Meroke, or Merrick, a band of Lenape people who were indigenous to most of the South Shore of Long Island. They spoke an Algonquian language and lived in two villages along Milburn Creek.
In 1643, English colonists began to call this area Hick’s Neck, after two of Hempstead’s early settlers, John Spragg from England and John Hicks from Flushing. They extended Hempstead village south to the salt meadows. The grist mill built by John Pine in 1686 on Milburn Creek attracted more English settlers. They engaged in fishing, farming, marshing, raising longwood, and breeding and raising sheep. Between the American Revolutionary War and the War of 1812, Hick’s Neck continued to grow, becoming a prosperous agricultural area.
The first churches were built in 1810 and 1872, and the first school was built in 1813.
Sometime around the early 19th century Hick’s Neck had begun to be called the village of Milburn; the first documented use of the name Milburn was in 1839. In 1855, the village was officially founded as Baldwinsville, named in honor of Thomas Baldwin (1795–1872), a sixth-generation member of the Baldwin family of Hempstead and the leading merchant of Milburn at the time. Baldwin owned a general store named T. Baldwin and Sons. He also had a hotel at what would now be considered the northwest corner of Merrick Road and Grand Avenue. A third enterprise was his sawmill, which he operated by Silver Lake just southeast of the hotel.
In 1867, the South Side Rail Road began operating with a station in Baldwinsville. In 1870, one of Thomas Baldwin’s sons, Francis Baldwin, became a member of the New York State Assembly representing Queens County’s 2nd District; he later served as the Queens County treasurer. (During this time, Baldwinsville was part of Queens County.) A year later, the name of the village was changed from Baldwinsville to Baldwins by the U.S. Postal Service so as to not confuse it with the village of Baldwinsville in upstate New York. By 1892, by an act of local government, the village was officially named Baldwin.
BOCCIA Inc. Waterproofing Specialists
Garden City Park, NY 11040
CALL TODAY: (516) 747-7727